How to Create a Form with WP Fluent Form WordPress Plugin
With WP Fluent Form, you can create beautiful and responsive online forms with just a few clicks. Go through the following steps:
- Click on the New Form button on your WordPress admin panel’s WP Fluent Form menu. Or you can also create a new form by clicking on the Add Form button from the All Forms dashboard.
- Clicking on the New Form/Add Form button opens a pop-up that allows you to choose from 3 pre-built form templates- Contact Form, Support Form, Event Registration Form. There is a 4th option called New Form that allows you to build a form from scratch. Here we will discuss how to create a form from scratch.
- Identify your form by naming it. To name a form, click on the Edit icon on the top-left corner (besides New Blank Form) and define its name in the following pop-up.
- Add fields according to your requirements.
- Customize the Fields as required. WP Fluent Form comes with various options to enable users to customize the fields you intend to use. To customize an added field, hover on it and click on the Edit icon. You can also click on the Input Customization tab on the right sidebar. These customizations offer you various options starting from renaming a field, defining a placeholder, and positioning a field label to define the maximum size of an uploaded file. In the video tutorial above, a few of these customizations are shown so that you can get an idea.
- Done with the customization and everything? Click on the Save Form button on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Now copy the shortcode and paste it on the page you want your form to be visible.
Adding an input field is very fundamental and most obvious task of creating any kind of form. You can add any field types in 4 different ways from 3 separate places. All these are pretty simple and cool. Let’s have a look through all these ways.
- Click: You can add a field just with a single click. This is the simplest way to add a field.
- Drag & Drop: You can add a field by using the drag & drop formula. You just have to select the respective field and drag it over to the builder point.
- Search: You can also add a field by searching in two ways.
- You can add a field by searching respective field name in form builder point using the plus (+) sign. After clicking the plus sign, a dialogue box will appear with a search box in a list area of total fields. Then you have to type the respective field name. In consequence, the respective field will appear alone. Then you have to click on the field to create the specific field.
- You can add a field also by searching from the right sidebar underneath the Input Field and Input Customization section. There is a search option. Then you have to type the respective field name. In consequence, the respective field will appear alone. Then you have to click on the field to create the respective field.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a new form with WP Fluent Form.