File Upload Input Field in WP Fluent Forms WordPress Plugin
Please take note, File Upload input field is a premium feature. Purchase WP Fluent Forms Pro Add-on to use this functionality.
To add this field to your form, drag and drop the File Upload field from the available input fields.
To enable customization, click on the edit icon you get when hovering over the field. Or click on the Input Customization tab in right sidebar when the field is selected.
In the Input Customization section, you can customize the File Upload input field in the following ways. In this section, you will find two portions:
- Default Fields. 2. Advanced Options
The basic customizations available for the File Upload input field are as followed:
- Element Label: This is the text that users will see on the form for the File Upload input field. You can put any text here that helps to understand the purpose of that field.
- Button Text: This is the text users will see on the button that allows users to browse their local directory and choose a file.
- Label Placement: Determine the placement of the label, that you set previously, with respect to the input field. The available options are ‘Top’, ‘Left’, ‘Right’, ‘Default’. All of those are self-explanatory except the ‘Default’. What it means is, it will represent your global label placement settings.
- Admin Field Label: If you want to show a different label for your admin users when they view the form submissions you can configure that using this option. It doesn’t have any actual effect on the form rather only for administrative purposes.
- Max File Size: Limit the file size users can upload using this input field.
– From the drop-down menu, select the unit i.e., KB or MB
– From the adjacent field, select the maximum size.
Error Message: Define the error message to be shown if the uploaded file size exceeds the permitted limit.
Max File Count: Limit the number of files allowed to be uploaded.
- Error Message: Define the error message to be shown if the number of uploaded files exceeds the permitted limit.
- Allowed Files: From the following checkbox, define the formats of files that will be allowed to upload.
- Error Message: Define the error message to be shown if the uploaded file formats do not match the requirement of the allowed format.
- Required: Determine whether the field could be empty or not when the user submits your form by choosing the appropriate option from here.
The advanced options available for the File Upload input field are as followed:
- Container Class: Use this option to add your custom CSS classes to the field’s wrapper.
- Element Class: Similarly, you can add custom CSS classes to the input field itself.
- Help Message: To guide your user thoroughly you can use this option. Just add your text here and it will be shown as a help message to the user.
- Name Attribute: The input field’s name attribute is the HTML equivalent of the same name. You don’t need to modify this.
- Conditional Logic: You can create certain rules to dynamically hide/show the input field based on the values from some other fields. To get a better understanding of Conditional Logic, read this.
Note: You can send the file as attachment with email notification. Go Here