Numeric Input Field in WP Fluent Forms WordPress Plugin
The Numeric Field is used to take an input of any kind of numeric value. The input of numeric value could be a contact number, it could be for age determination, could be for salary purpose and so on.
*Please note that this video was recorded with our previous version , we are going to upload video tutorial with the current version very soon.
To add Numeric Field to your form, drag and drop the field from the available input fields. These fields can be added to a form in other different ways.
Want to learn how to create a basic form? Get started here.
To enable customization, click on the edit icon you get when hovering over the field. Or click on the Input Customization tab in right sidebar when the field is selected.
In the Input Customization section, you can customize the numeric input field in the following ways. In this section, you will find 2 portions:
- Default Fields. 2. Advanced Options
The basic customizations available for the text area input fields are as followed:
- Element Label: This is the text that users will see on the form for the input field. You can put any text here that helps to understand the purpose of that field.
- Label Placement: Determine the placement of the label, that you set previously, in respect to the input field. The available options are ‘Top’, ‘Left’, ‘Right’, ‘Default’. All of those are self-explanatory except the ‘Default’. What it means is, it will represent your global label placement settings.
- Admin Field Label: If you want to show a different label for your admin users when they view the form submissions you can configure that using this option. It doesn’t have any actual effect on the form rather only for administrative purposes.
- Placeholder: You can also have a placeholder by which users will perceive the field subject.
- Required: Determine whether the field could be empty or not when the user submits your form by choosing the appropriate option from here.
- Min Value: You can define a minimum value to be allowed in the input field. The users will not be allowed to put a smaller number than the defined value which is already set as a minimum number. Set the error message to be shown when a smaller number is submitted.
- Max Value: You can also define a maximum value which can not be exceeded by your users. Set the error message to be shown when a number exceeding the defined maximum value is submitted.
The advanced customizations available for the Numeric input fields are as followed:
- Default value: You can pre-populate the field’s value, means setting a default value, using one of the available options here. Let’s see what are the things we can do here.
– Populate by
GETParam: sets the default value from the query string found in the URL. Make sure you keep the ‘get.’ part otherwise it won’t work as you expected.
– IP Address: sets the value from the user’s IP address.
– Date (mm/dd/
yyyy): sets the value from the current date in the denoted format, e.g. 04/25/1991.
– Date (dd/mm/
yyyy): sets the value from the current date in the denoted format, e.g. 25/04/1991.
– Embedded Post/Page ID: sets the value from the current post or page ID.
– Embedded Post/Page Title: sets the value from the current post or page title.
URL:sets the value from the current URL.
– User ID: sets the value from the logged in user’s ID.
– User Display Name: sets the value from the logged in user’s display name.
– User First Name: sets the value from the logged in user’s first name.
– User Last Name: sets the value from the logged in user’s last name.
– User Email: sets the value from the logged in user’s email.
– User Username: sets the value from the logged in user’s username.
– User Browser Client: sets the value from the logged in user’s browser name.
– User Operating System: sets the value from the logged in user’s OS name.
- Container Class: Use this option to add your custom CSS classes to the field’s wrapper.
- Element Class: Similarly, you can add custom CSS classes to the input field itself.
- Help Message: To guide your user thoroughly you can use this option. Just add your text here and it will be shown as a help message to the user.
- Name Attribute: The input field’s name attribute is the HTML equivalent of the same name. You don’t need to modify this.
- Conditional Logic: Set up rules with your own conditions. This is an advanced functionality for more efficient form building.
Learn about Numeric Calculation here.