Address Input Field in WP Fluent Forms
In WP Fluent Forms, an address input field can be used to collect a person’s full address (Street, City, State, Zip code, Country) without having to create or manage multiple textbox fields.
Address Field input type allows you make fields in a form to retrieve the address from your users. WP Fluent Forms offers six different input fields by default to retrieve data from users. They are- Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City, State, Zip Code, and Country.
Now you can autocomplete your address field using google map integrations, see this doc.
To add an Address Field field to your form, drag and drop the field from the available input fields.
To enable customization, click on the edit icon you get when hovering over the field. Or click on the Input Customization tab in right sidebar when the field is selected.
In the Input Customization section, you will find different options like–
- General Fields. 2. Advanced Options
In general fields section, there are some important options which are given below.
- Element Label: This is the text that users will see on the form for the email input field. You can put any text here that helps to understand the purpose of that field.
- Admin Field Label: If you want to show a different label for your admin users when they view the form submissions you can configure that using this option. It doesn’t have any actual effect on the form rather only for administrative purposes.
- Address Fields: From this section, customize the six data input fields (Address Line 1, Address Line 2, City, State, Zip Code, Country). Check on/off any field according to your need. Click on the drop-down button beside these fields and determine the Input Field Label, Default Value, Placeholder, Requirement option.
Take another look.
The advanced customizations available for the address text input field are as followed:
- Element Class: You can add custom CSS classes to the input field itself.
- Name Attribute: The input field’s name attribute is the HTML equivalent of the same name. You don’t need to modify this.
- Conditional Logic: You can create certain rules to dynamically hide/show the input field based on the values from some other fields. Let’s know more about conditional logic documentation.