Image Upload Input Field in WP Fluent Form WordPress Plugin
WP Fluent Forms comes with an input field that you can put in your form to enable users to submit the image of different formats. Here is how you can add and utilize an Image Upload input field in your form.
Please take note, Image Upload input field is an advanced feature. Purchase WP Fluent Forms Pro Add-on to use this functionality.
*Please note that this video was recorded with our previous version , we are going to upload video tutorial with the current version very soon.
To add this field to your form, drag and drop the Image Upload field from the available input fields.
To enable customization, click on the edit icon you get when hovering over the field. Or click on the Input Customization tab in right sidebar when the field is selected.
In the Input Customization section, you can customize the Image Upload input field in the following ways. In this section, you will find 2 portions:
- Default Fields. 2. Advanced Options
The basic customizations available for the Image Upload input field are as followed:
- Element Label: This is the text that users will see on the form for the Image Upload input field. You can put any text here that helps to understand the purpose of that field.
- Button Text: This is the text users will see on the button that allows users to browse their local directory and choose an image file.
- Label Placement: Determine the placement of the label, that you set previously, in respect to the input field. The available options are ‘Top’, ‘Left’, ‘Right’, ‘Default’. All of those are self-explanatory except the ‘Default’. What it means is, it will represent your global label placement settings.
- Admin Field Label: If you want to show a different label for your admin users when they view the form submissions you can configure that using this option. It doesn’t have any actual effect on the form rather only for administrative purposes.
- Required: Determine whether the field could be empty or not when the user submits your form by choosing the appropriate option from here.
- Max File Size: Limit the file size users can upload using this input field.
– From the drop-down menu, select the unit i.e., KB or MB
– From the adjacent field, select the maximum size.
- Error Message: Define the error message to be shown if the uploaded image file size exceeds the permitted limit.
- Max File Count: Limit the number of image files allowed to be uploaded.
- Error Message: Define the error message to be shown if the number of uploaded image files exceeds the permitted limit.
- Allowed Files: From the following checkbox, define the formats of image files that will be allowed to upload.
The advanced options available for the Image Upload input field are as followed:
- Container Class: Use this option to add your custom CSS classes to the field’s wrapper.
- Element Class: Similarly, you can add custom CSS classes to the input field itself.
- Help Message: To guide your user thoroughly you can use this option. Just add your text here and it will be shown as a help message to the user.
- Name Attribute: The input field’s name attribute is the HTML equivalent of the same name. You don’t need to modify this.
- Conditional Logic: You can create certain rules to dynamically hide/show the input field based on the values from some other fields. To get a better understanding of Conditional Logic, read this.