Phone Number Input Field in WP Fluent Forms
Phone number field is very useful when collecting contact information. WP Fluent Forms has a nice phone number input field.
To add this field to your form, drag and drop or just click the phone number field from the input fields.
For customization, click on the edit icon you get when hovering over the field. Or click on the Input Customization tab in the right sidebar when the field is selected.
In the Input Customization section, you can customize the field in the following ways.
- Default Fields. 2. Advanced Options
The basic customizations available for the email input fields are as followed:
- Element Label: This is the text that users will see on the form for this input field. You can put any text here that helps to understand the purpose of that field.
- Label Placement: Determine the placement of the label, that you set previously, in respect to the input field. The available options are ‘Top’, ‘Left’, ‘Right’, ‘Default’. All of those are self-explanatory except the ‘Default’. What it means is, it will represent your global label placement settings.
- Admin Field Label: If you want to show a different label for your admin users when they view the form submissions you can configure that using this option. It doesn’t have any actual effect on the form rather only for administrative purposes.
- Placeholder: You can also have a placeholder by which users will perceive the field subject.
- Default value: You can pre-populate the field’s value, which means setting a default value, using one of the available options here
– Populate by GET Param: sets the default value from the query string found in the URL. In this case you use get parameter to get number from the URL.
- Required: Determine whether the field could be empty or not when the user submits your form by choosing the appropriate option from here.
There are two more option here for the phone number input field.
- Enable Smart Phone Field: This option enables to add country flag list. The option “With Extended Number Format” allows number validation with country code. Here is a screenshot example for this second option.
The advanced options available for the phone number input fields are as followed:
- Name Attribute: The input field’s name attribute is the HTML equivalent of the input name. You don’t need to modify this.
- Help Message: To guide your user thoroughly you can use this option. Just add your text here and it will be shown as a help message to the user.
- Container Class: Use this option to add your custom CSS classes to the field’s wrapper.
- Element Class: Add custom CSS classes to the input field itself.
Conditional Logic: You can create certain rules to dynamically hide/show the input field based on the values from some other fields. Learn more about conditional logic.