Post Update with Form Submission in Fluent Forms
Fluent Forms has added a new field called Post Update, which allows you to customize the post-selection choice. Users can select a post to update in the post-update form. It increases the power of the post-creation features.
- At first, go to the Integration Modules tab and Enable Post/CPT Creation module. This will provide you an additional option to add a Post Form, similar to the snapshot below –
- Again hover over Fluent Forms Pro and go to All Forms, then click on the downward arrow icon on the right side of Add a New Form button & select Create Post Form.
- Now, Select Post as a Post Type as the below screenshot-
- Go to the Post Form you have just created before.
- You can add any type of Post Field here, including Post title, Post content, etc as well as Post Update.
- Now, go to the Settings & Integrations of the Post Form and click on the Post Feeds.
- Then click on the Add Post Feed.
- Next, customize the Post Feed according to your needs by setting up the Feed Name, Post Type, etc.
- Submission Type is a new Feed option, which includes New Post and Update Post. For Post Update, only one feed is available, if you have more than one feed the first one will work.
- Then the Post Fields Mapping has to be configured. Where you can choose the shortcode for the Post Fields by clicking on the menu (3 dots) on the right side.
- You must insert the form into a page or post after saving the post feed. Additionally, the relevant post will be updated when a user submits the form, and you can find the updated post in the post section.