Ratings Input Field in WP Fluent Forms WordPress Plugin
With WP Fluent Forms, you can add a Ratings input field in your form. The Rating field comes with a few default settings for the ease of users. But these default settings can be customized as well.
The rating input field in WP Fluent Forms is designed in five hierarchy orders by default like Nice, Good, Very Good, Awesome, Amazing etc. If you want to add more, simply you can do such. You can easily add rating field in your form. This will add your interactivity to your form. You also can assess yourself on regular basis.
To add this field to your form, drag and drop the Ratings field from the Advanced input fields.
To enable customization, click on the edit icon you get when hovering over the field. Or click on the Input Customization tab in right sidebar when the field is selected.
In the Input Customization section, you can customize the Ratings input field in the following ways. In this section, you will find 2 portions:
- General Fields. 2. Advanced Fields
The basic customizations available for the Ratings input field are as followed:
- Element Label: This is the text that users will see on the form for the Ratings input field. You can put any text here that helps to understand the purpose of that field.
- Label Placement: Determine the placement of the label, that you set previously, in respect to the input field. The available options are ‘Top’, ‘Left’, ‘Right’, ‘Default’. All of those are self-explanatory except the ‘Default’. What it means is, it will represent your global label placement settings.
- Admin Field Label: If you want to show a different label for your admin users when they view the form submissions you can configure that using this option. It doesn’t have any actual effect on the form rather only for administrative purposes.
- Options: Add/Remove/Edit the ratings options here.
– Checkmark any one of them to be the default option.
– The rating options can be renamed as well.
– Drag & Drop the options by grabbing the markers to rearrange them.
– Click on the Plus (+) icon besides the options to add more options
– Click on the Minus (-) icon besides the options to remove that option.
- Show Text: Define if the Rating options texts should be shown or not here.
- Required: Determine whether the field could be empty or not when the user submits your form by choosing the appropriate option from here.
The advanced options available for the Ratings input field are as followed:
- Help Message: To guide your user thoroughly you can use this option. Just add your text here and it will be shown as a help message to the user.
- Name Attribute: The input field’s name attribute is the HTML equivalent of the same name. You don’t need to modify this.
- Conditional Logic: You can create certain rules to dynamically hide/show the input field based on the values from some other fields. To get a better understanding of Conditional Logic, read this.