Country List Input Field in WP Fluent Forms WordPress Plugin
The Country List allows users to choose a specific country from a list. This might be used to take in users’ location, or for other purposes such as selecting a trip destination. In WP Fluent Forms, the country list comes with advanced options like showing specific countries in a dropdown list, or to exclude certain ones if necessary.
*Please note that this video was recorded with our previous version , we are going to upload video tutorial with the current version very soon.
To add this field to your form, drag and drop the field from the available input fields. Input fields can be added to a form in other different ways. Follow this link to know how to create a form.
To enable customization, click on the edit icon you get when hovering over the field. Or click on the Input Customization tab in the right sidebar when the field is selected.
In the Input Customization section, you can customize the input field in the following ways. In this section, you will find 2 portions:
- Default Fields. 2. Advanced Options
The basic customizations available for the text area input fields are as followed:
- Element Label: This is the text that users will see in the form of the input field. You can put any text here that helps to understand the purpose of that field.
- Label Placement: Determine the placement of the label, that you set previously, with respect to the input field. The available options are ‘Top’, ‘Left’, ‘Right’, ‘Default’. All of those are self-explanatory except the ‘Default’. What it means is, it will represent your global label placement settings.
- Admin Field Label: If you want to show a different label for your admin users when they view the form submissions you can configure that using this option. It doesn’t have any actual effect on the form rather only for administrative purposes.
- Placeholder: You can also have a placeholder by which users will perceive the field subject.
- Required: Determine whether the field could be empty or not when the user submits your form by choosing the appropriate option from here.
The advanced customizations available for the simple text input fields are as followed:
- Container Class: Use this option to add your custom CSS classes to the field’s wrapper.
- Element Class: Similarly, you can add custom CSS classes to the input field itself.
- Default Country: Set a default country to be selected, unless modified. If a default country is set, it will overrule the placeholder set in General Settings, and show the default selection as a placeholder.
- Country List: In the country list, there are three options for admin to choose:
“Show all”- Choosing this will show users all the countries on the list.
“Hide These”- This will let admins hide certain countries from the list, and show others.
“Only Show These”- This option enables admins to show the handpicked countries, and hide all the others.
* Only one option can be selected among these three options.
- Help Message: To guide your user thoroughly you can use this option. Just add your text here and it will be shown as a help message to the user.
- Name Attribute: The input field’s name attribute is the HTML equivalent of the same name. You don’t need to modify this.
- Conditional Logic: It will help you set different parameters to get your expected outputs. Learn more about the functionality of conditional logic.
- Save form when the customization is done.