Multiple Choice Field in WP Fluent Forms WordPress Plugin
In WP Fluent Forms, you to create multiple options for a specific query with the multiple choice field. For instance, this field gives you an opportunity to build
It is the process in which you are given a list of answers and you have to choose the correct one. Or you can choose multiple correct items at a time.
WP Fluent Forms allows you to do so in the form. To add Multiple Choice fields to your form drag and drop the field from the available input fields.
You can customize the field options e.g. attributes, help texts etc. To enable customization just click on the pencil icon you get when hovering over the field. See the below screenshot for better understanding –
Then you will be taken to the Input Customization section. The Input Customization section allows you to customize your field ultimately.
In the Input Customization section, you will find some two options like–
- Default Fields. 2. Advanced Options
In the general fields section, there are some important options that are given below.
- Element Label: This is the text that users will see on the form of the input field. You can put any text here that helps to understand the purpose of that field.
- Label Placement: Determine the placement of the label, that you set previously, with respect to the input field. The available options are ‘Top’, ‘Left’, ‘Right’, ‘Default’. All of those are self-explanatory except the ‘Default’. What it means is, it will represent your global label placement settings.
- Admin Field Label: If you want to show a different label for your admin users when they view the form submissions you can configure that using this option. It doesn’t have any actual effect on the form rather only for administrative purposes.
- Options: Create options for the field and mark them checked for default selection.
- – Mark Show Values as checked for the ease of admins if needed.
- – Name the options.
- – Add options by clicking on the plus icon beside the last entered option. Or an option can be added in between two options by clicking on the plus icon beside the immediate previous option.
- – Drag & Drop the options holding the marker and rearrange them if required.
Given below are the following advanced options for the Multi-select input field:
Container Class: Use this option to add your custom CSS classes to the field’s wrapper.
Element Class: Similarly, you can add custom CSS classes to the input field itself.
Help Message: To guide your user thoroughly you can use this option. Just add your text here and it will be shown as a help message to the user.
Name Attribute: The input field’s name attribute is the HTML equivalent of the same name. You don’t need to modify this.
Conditional Logic: You can create certain rules to dynamically hide/show the input field based on the values from some other fields. To get a better understanding of Conditional Logic, read this.
Save form when the customization is done.
This’s how you can add and configure Multiple Choice input field.
You can get the visual representation of this field entries. To learn more click here.