Radio Button in WP Fluent Forms WordPress Plugin
*Please note that this video was recorded with our previous version , we are going to upload video tutorial with the current version very soon.
To add this field to your form, drag and drop the field from the available input fields. Input fields can be added to a form in other different ways. Catch here for having a basic direction of creating a WordPress form.
To enable customization, click on the edit icon you get when hovering over the field. Or click on the Input Customization tab in right sidebar when the field is selected.
Then you will be taken to the Input Customization section. The Input Customization section allows you to customize your field ultimately.
In the Input Customization section, you can customize the input field in the following ways. In this section, you will find 2 portions:
- Default Fields. 2. Advanced Options
The basic customizations available for the text area input fields are as followed:
- Element Label: This is the text that users will see on the form of the input field. You can put any text here that helps to understand the purpose of that field.
- Label Placement: Determine the placement of the label, that you set previously, in respect to the input field. The available options are ‘Top’, ‘Left’, ‘Right’, ‘Default’. All of those are self-explanatory except the ‘Default’. What it means is, it will represent your global label placement settings.
- Admin Field Label: If you want to show a different label for your admin users when they view the form submissions you can configure that using this option. It doesn’t have any actual effect on the form rather only for administrative purposes.
- Options: Create options for the field and check mark them for default selection.
– Mark Show Values as checked for the ease of admins if needed.
– Name the options.
– Add options by clicking on the plus icon beside the last entered option. Or an option can be added in between two options by clicking on the plus icon beside the immediate previous option.
– Drag & Drop the options holding the marker and rearrange them if required.
- Required: Determine whether the field could be empty or not when the user submits your form by choosing the appropriate option from here.
The advanced customizations available for the Radio Button input fields are as followed:
- Container Class: Use this option to add your custom CSS classes to the field’s wrapper.
- Help Message: To guide your user thoroughly you can use this option. Just add your text here and it will be shown as a help message to the user.
- Name Attribute: The input field’s name attribute is the HTML equivalent of the same name. You don’t need to modify this.
- Conditional Logic: You can create certain rules to dynamically hide/show the input field based on the values from some other fields. To get a better understanding of Conditional Logic, read this.
- Save form when the customization is done.
You can get the visual representation of this field entries. To learn more click here.