CheckBox Field in WP Fluent Forms WordPress Plugin
A Check Box Field input field is an element that permits users to make a binary choice, i.e. a choice between one of two possible mutually exclusive options. A checkbox input field can be really helpful to raise the bar of UX in case of multiple binary queries.
To add this field to your form, drag and drop the field from the available input fields. Input fields can be added to a form in other different ways. For getting a basic demonstration of a form, click here.
To enable customization, click on the edit icon you get when hovering over the field. Or click on the Input Customization tab in right sidebar when the field is selected.
In the Input Customization section, you can customize the input field in the following ways. In this section, you will find 2 portions:
- Default Fields. 2. Advanced Options
The basic customizations available for the text area input fields are as followed:
- Element Label: This is the text that users will see on the form for the input field. You can put any text here that helps to understand the purpose of that field.
- Label Placement: Determine the placement of the label, that you set previously, in respect to the input field. The available options are ‘Top’, ‘Left’, ‘Right’, ‘Default’. All of those are self-explanatory except the ‘Default’. What it means is, it will represent your global label placement settings.
- Admin Field Label: If you want to show a different label for your admin users when they view the form submissions you can configure that using this option. It doesn’t have any actual effect on the form rather only for administrative purposes.
- Options: Create options for the field and checkmark them for default selection.
– Mark Show Values as checked for the ease of admins if needed.
– Name the options.
- Randomize/shuffle checkable options: You can enable shuffling of your checkbox or radio or select field options so every user will see a randomized option to choose from.
– Add options by clicking on the plus icon beside the last entered option. Or an option can be added in between two options by clicking on the plus icon beside the immediate previous option.
– Drag & Drop the options holding the marker and rearrange them if required.
Required: Determine whether the field could be empty or not when the user submits your form by choosing the appropriate option from here.
The advanced customizations available for the Checkbox input fields are as followed:
- Container Class: Use this option to add your custom CSS classes to the field’s wrapper.
- Help Message: To guide your user thoroughly you can use this option. Just add your text here and it will be shown as a help message to the user.
- Name Attribute: The input field’s name attribute is the HTML equivalent of the same name. You don’t need to modify this.
- After configuring all these things, click on the Save Form located in the top corner of the form.
This is how you can configure and use the checkbox field.
You can get the visual representation of this field entries. To learn more click here.