Text Area Input Field in WP Fluent Forms WordPress Plugin
With WP Fluent Forms Text Area input field, you can allow users to type a large amount of texts together. It is a place where you can push multiple lines of texts.
To add this field to your form, drag and drop the field from the available input fields.
To enable customization, click on the edit icon you get when hovering over the field. Or click on the Input Customization tab in the right sidebar when the field is selected.
In the Input Customization section, you can customize the Text area field in the following ways. In this section, you will find 2 portions:
- Default Fields. 2. Advanced Options
In the general fields section, there are some important options that are given below.
- Element Label: Give a proper label to your input that suits your purpose here. It will be shown to the user during filling up the form. It is equivalent to HTML label.
- Label Placement: Determine the placement of the label, that you set previously, in respect to the input field. The available options are ‘Top’, ‘Left’, ‘Right’, ‘Default’. All of those are self-explanatory except the ‘Default’. What it means is it will confirm your global label placement settings.
- Admin Field Label: If you want to show the different label for your admin users when they view the form submissions you can configure that using this option. It doesn’t have any actual effect on the form rather only for administrative purposes.
- Placeholder: When the input is empty it is customary to show a 1certain message to the users so they can grasp what the input field expects from them. It is the equivalent of HTML input placeholder attribute.
- Rows: WP Fluent Forms allows you to have control over the rows. You can make a choice about row choosing. This option allows you to choose a certain number of rows. you need to implement it.
- Columns: Likewise the rows, WP Fluent Forms allows you to make a choice column section as well. This option allows you to determine the column.
- Required: Determine whether the field could be empty or not when the user submits your form by choosing the appropriate option from here.
The advanced customizations available for the simple text input fields are as followed:
- Default value: You can pre-populate the field’s value,which means setting a default value, using one of the available options here. Let’s see what are the things we can do here.
– Populate by GET Param: sets the default value from the query string found in the URL. Make sure you keep the ‘get’ part otherwise it won’t work as you expected.
– IP Address: sets the value from the user’s IP address.
– Date (mm/dd/yyyy): sets the value from the current date in the denoted format, e.g. 04/25/1991.
– Date (dd/mm/yyyy): sets the value from the current date in the denoted format, e.g. 25/04/1991.
– Embedded Post/Page ID: sets the value from the current post or page ID.
– Embedded Post/Page Title: sets the value from the current post or page title.
– Embedded URL: sets the value from the current URL.
– User ID: sets the value from the logged in user’s ID.
– User Display Name: sets the value from the logged in user’s display name.
– User First Name: sets the value from the logged in user’s first name.
– User Last Name: sets the value from the logged in user’s last name.
– User Email: sets the value from the logged in user’s email.
– User Username: sets the value from the logged in user’s username.
– User Browser Client: sets the value from the logged in user’s browser name.
– User Operating System: sets the value from the logged in user’s OS name.
- Container Class: Use this option to add your custom CSS classes to the field’s wrapper.
- Element Class: Similarly, you can add custom CSS classes to the input field itself.
- Help Message: To guide your user thoroughly you can use this option. Just add your text here and it will be shown as a help message to the user.
- Name Attribute: The input field’s name attribute is the HTML equivalent of the same name. You don’t need to modify this.
- Conditional Logic: You can create certain rules to dynamically hide/show the input field based on the values from some other fields.
- Save form when the customization is done.