Set Default From Value from URL Parameters
WP Fluent Forms allows you to set input values using the URL GET parameters. This feature enables you to populate input fields automatically which can be very useful for advanced users. Let us show an example you how you can implement it quickly.
- Go to Fluent Forms>All Forms.
- Select the form you want to set default values and click the Edit button below it.
- Add the input fields in which will value need to be set from URL.
- Go to the advanced option.
- Please note that only text and numerical input fields will work with this , other input fields for example: dropdown, checkbox etc. will not work with this.
- Click the dropdown icon of the default value field.
- Select the first option ” Populate by GET Param”.
- Follow again the same steps for other fields , in our example another field name “Age” setting it default value to ” Populate by GET param” .
- Now , lets create a page using the table shortcode with this table.
- Copy your field attribute
- Publish and go to the page. In the URL place this sign “?” with you field attribute and your desired value. In our example the URL is : email@example.com
- You can see after the name attribute, we have placed an equal “=” sign between our attribute and value. And you can see the fields are automatically populated now fetching the value from URL. You can use as many parameters as you need.