You can’t deny that every website needs an interactive table to show data precisely. If you own a website and want to present data in a tabular format, then you can try out a quality WordPress table plugin for serving your purposes. To make that happen, Ninja Tables is the smartest choice for you. It’s the best table plugin to create beautiful and advanced tables on your website!
Presenting data in a tabular form is a way of providing visual relief. A user shouldn’t have to focus on a bunch of sentences one after another in a narrative style. To avoid giving your users such an experience, you can always resort to the finest table plugin, Ninja Tables.
Why choose Ninja Tables?
If you want to create and insert a table in your website, hands-down, Ninja Tables should take the lead! You can add numerous data, images, videos, and links in an unlimited number of rows and columns. Catchy visual information with several blocks/cells directs a user’s focus and convinces them to stay on your page longer.
However, Ninja Tables comes up with two versions; one is free, and another is paid. Free version provides you with more than basic options, whereas the pro version allows you to use extended advanced options.
Ninja Tables Versions – Free vs Paid
Being a freemium plugin, Ninja Tables has a free and a paid version. To access the plugin from your dashboard, go to Dashboard>>Plugins>>search for Ninja Tables by WPManageNinja. Once you’ve activated the free version, you will get the option to upgrade to the paid (Pro) version while using it.
You can use the free version for everything fundamental you need. But obviously, you can extend the functionalities by switching to the pro version. Regardless of its array of fantastic elements in the pro version, the free version is of high-quality in the market for meeting your basic needs.
So, which one do you think can help you better?
To make things more understandable, we are going to cover the following topics in terms of both versions-
- Table types
- An example of a table
Have a look at our detailed analogy on Ninja Tables free and paid (Pro) models here so that you can decide which version of this plugin is the must-have for you.
Let’s start with the free version.
Ninja Tables lite/free
As you know that it’s a freemium plugin, the pro version will offer you more exciting features to make your table creation more dynamic. But it totally depends on what you need. Even the free version of this first-rate table plugin offers some exquisite functionalities that many other plugins don’t!
Features of Ninja Tables Free
Creating a table with the free version is no hassle for anyone. Therefore, you can easily make data tables with as many columns as you want.
Here is a list of free features you can enjoy.
- Create a responsive table that adjusts on any device screen.
- Import/export tables. Either specific data or the entire table style
- Connect WP Fluent Forms and display form entries in tables.
- Add as many columns as you want. There’s no limit to columns/rows and putting data into it.
- Work with a huge data set. All massive stacks of data set are possible to work with.
- Edit basic column settings like name or data type.
- Set data type from single-line text, text area, date field, numerics, links, date, and button.
- Select responsive breakpoints. Choose whether you want your table to show in all devices, hidden on desktop, mobile, or tab.
- Ajax table for table rendering. Ajax table will load if you have a lot of data.
- Language settings and enable/disable caching.
- Choose library styling (Semantic UI, Bootstrap 3, or 4).
- Enable sorting and filtering for visitors.
- Fixed layout, hover rows, and single-line cell.
- Bordered table and striped rows.
- Creating compact tables.
- Color tables from default palette or choose from 13 options.
- Toggle position, extra CSS class, sorting.
- Custom CSS/JS.
Once you click the “Add” button to create a data table, you will get a list of table options on the sidebar.
-Connect Fluent Forms
-Connect Google Sheets
-Connect external CSV
-Custom SQL query
A default table is plain and simple, with all the data you add. It can show as many columns you want and take further customization too.
- Table rows: This is where you add a new column.
- Table configuration: You are limited with only Column Settings, Rendering Settings, and Language. To get the Custom Filters, and Buttons (CSV/Print), upgrade to Ninja Tables Pro.
Also, the Column Settings is limited to “Basic Settings”. The further options like “Advanced Settings”, “Conditional Formatting”, and “Transform Value” are all Pro features.
- Table design: The library stylings are all free, and so is the “Predefined color scheme” from “Table Color”. But to make a fully color-customized table, you have to get Pro.
- Frontend Editing, Custom CSS/JS, Import-Export: You can select a user role and let the frontend users add or edit records. But it’s only possible in the Ninja Tables Pro version. The free version will not help with that.
Custom CSS/JS and Import-Export functions are usable in both free and paid versions.
- Import table: You can import a file by selecting it from your device. At the same time, select the Import Format>>Import.
Connect Fluent Forms
You need to install the Fluent Forms plugin to your WordPress first. Then you can connect your table to the form and make it responsive, easy drag and drop, and customizable.
WP Posts, Google Sheets, External CSV, WooCommerce table, and Custom SQL Query
These are all “Premium” features, and you need to upgrade to Ninja Tables Pro. Among them, missing the most promising feature, the WooCommerce table, is disappointing.
A table in free version
We saw all the limitations of Ninja Tables Free so far. Here’s a sample table without some of the Pro features.
There’s not much to dive into here, and you won’t get maximum of the interactivity and lively output.
On the contrary, Ninja Tables Pro comes with a bucketload of options for editing, customizing, integrating, and configuring. Let’s take a look.
Ninja Tables Pro
Adding Ninja Tables Pro in WordPress means almost half of your work is done!
Search for “Ninja Tables” in the search bar. Then, Install>>Activate>>Upgrade to Pro and voila! You can explore it now.
Features of Ninja Tables Pro
If you use the Pro version, there’s no limit to what you can do with your data tables! Scroll down and see the extensive list of features.
- Media attachment (image and video). This feature makes your table attractive and comfortable for users. If there’s an image attached to the product, they will know what it looks like.
- WooCommerce integration. It’s the most iconic integration for Ninja Tables. An online store owner can bring significant changes to his webstore by showcasing all his merchandise in a table format.
- Connect Google Sheets. Publish the Google Sheets files, connect to Ninja Tables, and the changes in both will appear at the same time because of “Auto republish”.
- Integrations with WP Posts and WP Fluent Forms are two more user-friendly aspects. WordPress Posts and pages, and all of the data will show up on a table.
- A brand new feature includes creating charts on Ninja Charts with table data.
- Unlimited color option! This is, by far, the most interesting and customizable feature. There’s no limit to the custom color options. So, your tables can take any color you pick.
- Drag and drop feature lets you arrange and order your table easily. You don’t need any coding for that.
- Dynamic table styles. Three table styles (Semantic UI, Bootstrap 3, Bootstrap 4) unlock several more options for the Pro version.
- Row hover animation directs the user’s eyes to the row and highlights the cell.
- If you set a shortcode in cells, then you can use it again after for a different table.
- Import table or table data in seconds!
- Conditional column formatting feature lets you format any column according to the cell value. You can fully control the data.
- The custom filter specifies a user’s searching process. This user-interface means users can search within a particular option and filter. You can add the “checkbox/radio” button.
- Cell merging or colspan features can join small cells and make a large one.
- Custom SQL query.
- Endless rows/columns and data!
- Customized permission is for users to limit the audience. Add “user role” who can edit/delete/add data.
- Easy configuration of Ninja Tables doesn’t need any intro. The Table Configuration option is easy to follow.
- Advanced date filtering and sorting.
- Fixed layout, compact table, and single-line cell.
- Bordered table and striped rows.
- Legacy table for table rendering. It allows colspan, shortcode in cells, server Side Dom-Generation.
- Ajax table for large data.
- Connect external CSV.
- Toggle position.
- VIP Support.
- Upgrades in the future will include some extra features too.
As you can see, the Pro features are a lot more extensive than those of the free version.
Ninja Tables Pro includes all the previous functions we listed for the free model and, at the same time, allows you to enjoy many additional ones.
Did you expect less from the best table plugin?
The sidebar after “Add table” shows the same table types we discussed before. You might be wondering what’s the difference in free and paid if the options are all the same.
Ninja Tables Pro doesn’t limit your activities for anything, unlike the free model!
It’s similar to the free version.
- Table rows: Start adding columns here and add data.
- Table configuration: This part is the same for both free and Pro. But Column settings are not limited to only “Basic Settings”. So you get more options.
-Basic settings: Choose what changes you want to make regarding column name, data type, and responsive breakpoints.
-Advanced Settings: Extra CSS classes, width, alignment, filter and sort, and color customization.
-Conditional Formatting: Set cell value to use this attribute and customize the mien of your table.
-Transform Value: Use a simple HTML coding (<a href=………….) to transform value.
Additional options on the sidebar show Rendering Settings, Custom Filters, Buttons (CSV/Print), and Language. To render the table from the side, use the Legacy table, or select the Ajax (advanced) table to load a huge data table.
You can enable “Full HTML Cache” too. “Custom Filters” is to Select Box / Radio Button to show a group row of your table.
- Table design: Ninja Tables’ multiple options for designing a table definitely stands out! You can create a dynamic WordPress data table with this functionality and get the optimal outcome.
“Table Colors” has an unlimited palette to make a custom-color table! Pick between by “Predefined” or “Custom Scheme”. The predefined palette doesn’t offer much to customize. So, you may feel more comfortable with the “Custom Scheme”.
You can move to the “Other” option for pagination, search bar position, row details, sorting, toggle position, and sticky header.
- Frontend Editing and Custom CSS/JS: By enabling Frontend editing, you can get data from users and make the modifications you need. You can specify the user role as well. Another useful service of Pro version is the Custom CSS class that you can use by adding “Extra Class” in the configuration panel.
- Import-Export: You can import or export from an existing CSV or JSON file to your table. Browse and choose the file to import and select a format to export.
Ninja Tables is one of those quality WordPress table plugins that has a broad offering for tables and data import. If you go to the “Import Table” right after clicking “Add Table”, the process is pretty much the same with CSV and JSON files.
Import from tables by Table Press, Ultimate Tables, and Data Tables Generator by Supsystic. Select the file and file type to import data/table.
Connect Fluent Forms
Ninja Tables Pro’s integration with Fluent Forms has made form-entry more dynamic. For instance, if someone is filling up a form in Fluent Forms, the integration with Ninja Tables Pro shows the data in tabular structure!
If you want your posts in a tabular form, here’s the way. Fold-up your WordPress post, page, WooCommerce product in a table. Pick a title, select the types, and shift them to the Selected Types box.
If you are creating a WooCommerce product table, Ninja Tables Pro will once again prove to be the best table plugin for you! The primary process is the same, but before clicking on “WooCommerce Table”, make sure you have a product set ready. In doing so, you will add tags, set categories, select if the product is out of stock/in stock, on sale or regular price, and also maintain a timeline.
Once you start creating a WooCommerce Table, the pop-up window will tell you to add table title, category, tags, type, and order.
Sort the products you want in your table and “Create Product Table”. Ninja Tables WooCommerce integration comes with built-in “Add to Cart”, “View Cart”, and “Checkout” buttons.
Here is how a WooCommerce product table by Ninja Tables Pro looks. Further configuration and editing are the same typical procedures. Surely you weren’t expecting any less from the leading plugin in the market!
Connect Google Sheets
Want your Google Spreadsheet data to appear in your tables? Ninja Tables Pro is going to make that happen.
Publish your Google Sheets file to the web beforehand. You must tick-mark “Automatically Republish” if you want Google Sheets and Ninja Tables to show the changes in data at the same time.
Connect External CSV
It’s a two-step process. If your remote CSV data changes, this integration saves the changes automatically.
Custom SQL Query
Any change in the SQL database or the table plugin will show in the frontend table by Ninja Tables custom SQL.
A table in Pro version
Can you guess how captivating a table with Pro features will look? Here’s a sample, but remember, you can always edit more.
You can see there’s an image for every product that wasn’t possible in the free model.
Compare and Contrast (Free vs Paid)
We have gone through all the limitations and offers in the Ninja Tables plugin for both free and paid versions. Now we should get into price details and an overview of the features.
Ninja Tables Price (Free vs Paid)
The free version of this plugin is open to all. You’re just a few clicks away.
On the contrary, premium versions of Ninja Tables come with three price-plans-
- $49/yr subscription for one website
- $99/yr for three sites
- $399/yr for unlimited domains and a lifetime license.
You will also get one year update and VIP support.
Recapping features (Free vs Paid)
If we rewind to the massive stack of features, we will see some noticeable differences between the two versions.
For example, the free version doesn’t offer integration with WooCommerce, WP Posts, WP Fluent Forms, doesn’t connect Google Sheets, or external CSV. Similarly, the configuring and editing options are limited too.
But the Pro version goes wild with premium features! You will get the maximum of the interactivity and a lively output. You also get to customize the color scheme, add media, drag&drop, filter or, sort. Isn’t that exciting?
Here is our suggestion
We have discussed the free vs paid version thoroughly. You can surely be satisfied with a laidback and no-decoration table, in which case, the free version of Ninja Tables will work just fine for you. But if you want a unique user experience, our honest suggestion for you would be to go for the Ninja Tables Pro to make your website more interactive.
Let’s all agree that Ninja Tables Pro is the best table plugin in the market for creating captivating data tables. Hopefully, now you know precisely what the free vs paid models offer, and can decide which one is for you.
Also, check out productive ways to use a quality table plugin.