Error: Request Throttled
API (Application Programming Interface) is a method we use in our plugin to connect with Amazon to retrieve the product informations. Our plugin won’t connect to Amazon’s Servers, if you don’t have a working API key generated from your Amazon account.
What is the meaning of Error “Request Throttled”
Until the beginning of this year, you could generate an API key after verifying your account and using our plugin you can get product details without any restrictions. However, Amazon has made some changes in their affiliate program.
Some new Rules set by Amazon:
- New Affiliate accounts will only have access to API keys after verifying the shop and generated minimum 3 sales.
- After 48 hours, new API keys will start working.
- You will lose access to Product Advertising API, unless your account generate minimum of 3 referring sales in the last 30 days.
- According to the Amazon Product Advertising, only 8640 initial usage requests is allowed everyday. Also, in the last 30 days, each account limit will be based on the revenue performance of Product API.
If your Amazon Affiliate account does not follow the new rules, you will receive an error in API setting page of our plugin called “RequestThrottled – Something went wrong. Please check your API keys”.
How to check if your API keys work?
- Amazon’s AWS Scratchpad (Official)
The official Scratchpad provides a more detailed error message the result of this can also be used to send to Amazon for API related issues.
Test your API keys with the scratchpad tool:
Amazon’s AWS Scratchpad is use to receive a detail error report related to API keys. To test API keys follow these steps:
- First, go to Amazon’s AWS Scratchpad
- In the left column Click on “ItemSearch”. A form will appear where you have to enter your Amazon API key ID and secret access key along with tracking ID.
- Then Click “Run Request”.
- Finally, the result will be displayed in under the “Response” section on the current page.
Note: If you do not follow any rules mentioned above, your API key will be blocked by Amazon and it will not work.
Resolving the “RequestThrottled” error?
If your API keys do not work in these process, You will get help-
- For a newly created API keys, you will have to wait at least 48 hours to active keys.
- Confirmed that you have generated minimum of 3 referring sales in every 30 days.
- On multiple websites, never use the same API keys if you are not generating enough sales. It will not allow you to create more API requests.
We can do nothing from our site for API errors and for more information you can contact with Amazon Associates team directly through https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/home/contact