Permalinks are the permanent URLs of your blog posts or pages on your WordPress site.
- Go to Settings > Permalinks.
- Select one of the available formats:
- Plain: http://www.yourwebsite.com/?p=123
- Day and name: http://www.yourwebsite.com/2008/03/31/sample-post/
- Month and name: http://www.yourwebsite.com/2008/03/sample-post/
- Numeric: http://www.yourwebsite.com/archives/123
- Post name: http://www.yourwebsite.com/sample-post
- Custom structure in the box enters the custom structure you want to use. For example: /archives/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/
- In the Optional section you’ll find 2 prefixes used in URLs for category and tag archives:
- Category base box enters the custom prefix for your category URLs.
- Tags base write the custom prefix for your tag URLs
- Don’t forget to click the Save Changes button
- After, you should receive two messages regarding your .htaccess
- In case your .htaccess is writeable you will receive this message: Permalink structure updated
- In case you .htaccess is not writeable you will get this message: You should update your .htaccess