Hi, and welcome to the SimpliPro User Guide. The User Guide covers all the information needed to use the simplipro theme to build an amazing website, as well as some helpful tips and tricks that will make your experience working with the simplipro theme easier and more enjoyable. If you need any additional assistance while getting started with SimpliPro or using our theme, you can always submit a ticket to our support forum at WpManageNinja and our support team will be glad to help you out.
You can navigate through different sections of the User Guide by clicking on the links in the menu to the left of your screen. You will also notice that we have highlighted certain parts of the text throughout the User Guide, such as important pieces of information, useful tips, and helpful code snippets, with different formatting for an easier overview. Here are some examples of the different formatting we use for Important Notes, Useful Tips, and Code Snippets:
Getting Started with SimpliPro
In this first section of the simplipro User Guide, we will go through the essential steps required to start building your website with the simplipro theme. We will explain how to install the theme, import the included demo content, as well as how to update the theme. At the end of this section, you will also find a set of Frequently Asked Question related to troubleshooting the theme.
Before you can start playing around with your new theme, let’s first check what the theme package includes. After you have downloaded the .zip file from WPManageNinja and unzipped it, it should reveal the following folders:
- Demo Content
- simplipro.zip Theme
- simplipro-child.zip Child Theme
After downloading the simplipro installation file from WPManageNinja, extract it and in the extracted folder locate the simplipro.zip file. You can then install the simplipro theme using one of two methods described below.
It really doesn’t matter at all which one of these techniques you want to use, so choose the one which seems to make more sense to you.
- WordPress upload – For most users, this is probably the simplest installation method. To install the simplipro theme using this method, please follow these steps:
- Login to your WordPress admin panel
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload Theme
- Click on Choose File and select simplipro.zip
- Click on Install Now
- FTP upload – If you would like to install the simplipro theme via FTP, please follow these steps:
- Extract the simplipro.zip file you previously located. You should now see a folder named simplipro
- Using an FTP client, login to the server where your WordPress website is hosted
- Using an FTP client, navigate to the /wp-content/themes/ directory under your WordPress website’s root directory
- Using an FTP client, upload the previously extracted simplipro folder to the themes directory on your remote server
Activate the Theme
Once the installation is complete, your simplipro theme will be ready for use. Now all you need to do is navigate to Appearance > Themes and activate the simplipro theme. After you have done this, you should see there one more theme called simplipro. Find it and just click Activate (if theme was uploaded via FTP).
Or click Activate right after the theme was installed (if it was installed with Theme Uploader)
After you have done this, you should also see notification that appears in the left navigation bar of your WordPress admin panel. It requires plugins that need to be installed. Please install and activate all of the required plugins, since they are necessary for the theme to function properly
Installation ( One Click Demo Import )
- Find plugin One Click Demo Import and install the plugin.
- Navigate to Appearence -> Import Demo Data
- Click On Import. Button
SimpliPro WordPress Theme comes with custom one-click button import options. So you don’t need to create your site as like ours one by one just hit a button and grab a cup of tea for a while.
Importing Demo Content (optional)
We have included the exported XML files from our demo, this allows you to quickly set up your theme the same way our demo is set up. The XML files are included within the download package which will be used to import the content.
- Navigate to WP Admin -> Tools -> Import.
- Select and install WordPress importer.
- Select the XML file and upload it. It will in few minutes install and upload all content with images.
- Now navigate to WP Admin -> Appearance -> Menus page and select the Primary Menu and assign it to “Primary Menu” location.
- Next, navigate to WP Admin -> Settings -> Reading Settings and set a front page (Home) and a posts page (Blog).
Also, you need to set widget settings.
- Navigate to Plugins -> Add New.
- Find plugin Widget Importer & Exporter and install the plugin.
- Navigate to WP Admin -> Tools -> Widget Importer & Exporter
- Select the widgets.wie file. You can find it in your package (Demo Content/widgets.wie)
- Click on Import Widgets button.
You can update your theme by performing the following steps:
- Download the latest theme .zip file from WPManageNinja
- Extract it and locate simplipro.zip
- Extract simplipro.zip and locate the simplipro folder
- Copy/Replace the contents of the simplipro folder to the /wp-content/themes/simplipro folder of your website.